Monday, July 7, 2008

Offshoring customer service?

We all have had those frustrating calls with a customer service representative where language seemed a barrier. Sometimes they're thousands of miles away; other times they don't have the tools to solve our problem, whether those "tools" are personal skills or something else.

This piece in today's Wall Street Journal lays out some of the issues brands need to address when considering offshoring customer service. It's worth a read, wherever and however you handle your consumer issues.

Over the weekend I contracted with a Bangladesh company to create a logo for a golf outing I'm hosting in August. It was my way of testing elance, a professional services online bazaar I read about in last week's Business Week. I received seven proposals, ranging from $35 to $175 for a simple logo I scoped out online. Effortless for me, and fascinating to watch.

For more, visit elance.com or guru.com yourself.

No comments: