There's no way around it. Moving is a hassle. But if there's one bright spot on the list of tasks, it's the convenience of online services. Change of address, transferring accounts at the power company, the gas company and the cable company are just a few. What a welcome option - to make all the changes online. I'm moving across town in the next two weeks so I started down my list. It's after normal business hours but I can run down my list in a flash. It's got to be quicker than making 25 phone calls? First I initiated the change-of-address task at the
US Postal Service's web site. It's easy, it's quick and I was presented with the option for some well-timed coupons. There were also many offers to sign up for the latest home furnishings catalog or a new yard service, even NetFlix.

And an unexpected bonus: a mover's guide. I was reminded of several important items to add to my list. One of which was changing my voter registration. The USPS web site conveniently included the appropriate link.
Wouldn't that be a shame if I were to show up on November 4 ready to vote for our next President, only to be told...you don't have a valid voter registration? Thank you USPS.
No comments:
Post a Comment