Friday, November 9, 2007

Confirming the purchase decision


Most people probably don’t think about purchasing medical services in the same way that they think about purchasing cars, electronics, clothing or furniture, but it’s still a process and some of the same effective tools apply.

For example, I received an e-mail from my son’s orthodontist today. It’s Halloween and the message was simply, ‘have a safe halloween and remember to be kind to your braces, and avoid those hard and sticky treats.’ But the underlying message I received is that my son’s othodontist is up on the latest/greatest. I have to assume if he’s sophisticated enough to have an animated eBlast communication, spell my name right, etc. that he’s got to be up on the latest techniques of orthodontia. The message affirms that I selected a professional who cares about his patients. A professional who wants to maintain communication/contact with his patients. A professional who continues to reinforce my purchase decision.

No comments: